The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 28 August 2020
Farewell, August --we're wrapping up the month with another great week. Here are the latest updates on the Apache community's activities:
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 16 September 2020. Board calendar and minutes https://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ – the ASF's official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow's Technology Today since 1998.
- Registration is open (and free) for ApacheCon@Home 29 September - 1 October https://www.apachecon.com/acna2020/
- Sponsorships available for ApacheCon@Home https://www.apachecon.com/acna2020/sponsors.html
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 99.76%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot – Over the past week, 396 Apache Committers changed 3,762,638 lines of code over 3,973 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Daniel Klco, Radu Cotescu, Jean-Baptiste Onofré, Mark Thomas, and Andrea Cosentino.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.Big Data --
- Apache HBase 2.3.1 released https://hbase.apache.org/
- Apache Calcite 1.25.0 released https://calcite.apache.org/
- Apache Flink 1.10.2 released https://flink.apache.org/
- Apache PDFBox 2.0.21 released https://pdfbox.apache.org/
- Apache IoTDB (Incubating) 0.10.1 released https://iotdb.apache.org/
- Apache OpenMeetings 5.0.0-M4 released https://openmeetings.apache.org/
Did You Know?
- Did you know that ApacheCon@Home keynoters include Thomas Huang of NASA Jet Propulsion Lab; Camille Fournier of Two Sigma; and Edmon Begoli of Oak Ridge National Labs? Learn more at https://www.apachecon.com/acah2020/tracks/
- Did you know that Shopify is building a new streaming analytics pipeline powered by Apache Beam, Druid, and Kafka? https://projects.apache.org/projects.html?category#big-data
- Did you know that Apache Royale Jewel UI set already provides 60+ components to quickly build Web applications? https://royale.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices
- Apache Month In Review: July 2020 https://s.apache.org/July2020
- ASF FY2020 Annual Report https://s.apache.org/FY2020AnnualReport
- "Trillions and Trillions Served" documentary on the ASF: 1) full feature https://s.apache.org/Trillions-Feature 2) "Apache Everywhere" https://s.apache.org/ApacheEverywhere 3) "Why Apache" https://s.apache.org/ASF-Trillions 4) “Apache Innovation” https://s.apache.org/ApacheInnovation
- The Apache Software Foundation Statement on the COVID-19 Coronavirus Outbreak https://s.apache.org/COVID-19
- The Apache Software Foundation Celebrates 21 Years of Open Source Leadership https://s.apache.org/21stAnniversary
- Apache in 2019 - By The Digits https://s.apache.org/Apache2019Digits
- The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
- Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
- Inside Infra: the new interview series with members of the ASF infrastructure team --meet Christ Thistlethwaite https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Chris | Drew Foulks https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Drew | Greg Stein Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg , Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg2 and Part III https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg3
- Did you know that Beam Summit 2020 will be held 24-28 August online and free of charge? https://beamsummit.org/
- Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
= = =
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to email@example.com and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.
Posted at 10:52AM Aug 28, 2020 by Swapnil M Mane in Newsletter | |